Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Huh?

I bought my Santa Fe exactly 5 years ago today. The guy we would up buying it from was a very nice, but odd middle eastern gentleman named Zak something-or-another. One time we had to call him and he came to the phone and said, "Thank you for calling Zak, this is Zak." Not a slip of the tongue. He meant it. Then when we buy the car he writes us this note on the notepad that came with the car about how 'yesterday you bought a car from me and today we are friends.' Not kidding. The next year, my dad went to him to test drive a Santa Fe.

So on Monday we took the car for some just before the warranty runs out maintenance to the tune of $1100. There was a big mix up because we were going to pick it up after service hours so they took it to the showroom and left the keys with them and then were not able to pick it up that night, but had to wait til the next afternoon.

Are you still with me?

So after waiting several minutes, here comes Zak with his hand out (I really HATE shaking hands with people), calling me by name, asking about my father (calling him by name) and asks me if I still live in Ringgold and my father in Dayton? He also brings up several things we spoke about while we were going through the car buying process. Absolutely dumbfounded. Like I just talked to him yesterday.

I wonder if he would loan me money?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That is pretty amazing. I got to see your little Max last week. He is still just a cute little angel dumpling! He was all smiles and giggles for me.