Saturday, February 18, 2006

Ah....Saturday

So it is once again Saturday, and again will probably wind up being a pajama day. A pajama day entails:
sleep until 10:00 or so
breakfast
television
nap
check e-mail
make phone calls
light housekeeping
love dogs
possible quality time with husband
read newspaper
read 'fluff' book (no real redeeming value except to escape)
practice guitar (hah! says my husband)
more television
possibly another nap
dinner
more television
10:00 bedtime
Yes, I know, but I deserve every second of it. Sunday is my work around the house day, errands, help out my mother and school work day. I spend about 4 hours or so grading papers, journals, essays, etc. I only get one real day off and by GOD I will spend it how I want to. Saturdays are not always pajama days, but as often as possible.
I had to tell my husband the other day that I have the upcoming week off. He was astonished. Again, I deserve every moment that I get, and will spend a good portion of one of those days actually at work trying to get caught up. The weeks that I have off are the only weeks that I feel like a normal person. I get to do things like go to dinner. Not many teachers go to dinner during the week. We may drive thru somewhere, but dinner out on a school night is a pretty big committment. My husband does not believe this, but I have at least 100 or so teacher friends that can back me up on that one. Sometimes when I have more than a couple of days off in a row I will actually COOK something for dinner. My poor husband.

1 comment:

jen said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.