Sunday, March 12, 2006

Reality Shows

Yes, I love them. Not "The Bachelor" or "Beauty and the Geek" or those types, but good old "Survivor", "The Amazing Race", and "Cops" Unfotunately, I have fallen victim to the likes of "Super Nanny", "Wife Swap", and "The Real World." My near favorite is Family Plots" which I can't seem to find, and of course, the ever uplifting "Extreme Makeover-Home Edition." One that really bums me out, but I watch anyway is "Intervention" Man, talk about reality. It shows close to nitty-gritty drug addiction, alcoholism, OCD, etc, then holds an intervention for that person and sends them to rehab if they are agreeable. Talk about some pissed off people. Not only are they ambused on TV, but then they have to give up their addiction, too. They let them have one more hit or drink beofre they go (which I find a really bad idea), and then off they go. The relapse rate is really bad, but some do make it. I don't know why I enjoy a good reality show so much, except to possibly see that I do have a good life and that I am not a complete loon like many of those people out there. Oooo...that is sad.

2 comments:

LuvSeals Soaps said...

Hey, Jen, I really enjoyed reading your blog so far.

I have one set up mainly to promote my start-up business. Feel free to pass on by and check it out, you might like some of our products. I would love to be able to send you some samples!

I have not heard of the "Intervention" show, but then again, there are so many reality shows on TV nowadays. I personally like "The Apprentice" and "American Idol", but apparently my son is into that one about some guy named Flavius (or Flavor??) Flav...

jen said...

Flavor Flav is doing a reality show similar to The Bachelor. It is called Flav's House of Love. It is a bit over the top. Kinda like a train wreck...you can't take your eyes off of it.