So I guess most of you know my dad died on May 29. I was right there with him. It was a surreal experience. My dad's side of the family came in. They are a hoot. We have a couple of zingers:
peace corps volunteer (spent much time in Africa, is going back soon)
lesbian mother of two special needs African American children
lesbian mother of bi-racial child
Sikh convert who no longer cuts his hair or shaves to honor his wife's religion
Absolutely lovely people who I don't get to spend near enough time with.
Life has been a blur and now summer is almost half way over. I go back August 4 I think.
Still can't think straight for long periods of time.
Check back soon. Love you all.
2 comments:
Hooray! Words o' Jen. I've been a waiting...
Looking forward to having you "back" to normal/online/etc.
Love you! If I didn't say it before, I'm sorry for your loss.....
I'm just jealous that your family sounds more interesting than mine and I'd thought my aunt 'count the silverware after she leaves' was interesting...... :)
Hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment