Saturday, September 09, 2006

A week later

So it has been a week and not nearly as bad as I had thought it would be. Of course, the house is a mess, but I have done the dishes and no dried vomit anywhere. I have not had time to be lonely as I get 3 or 4 phone calls a night from friends (thanks guys, just remember not after 9:00pm!). My sister-in-law also gave me a beautiful flower arrangement. I just love flowers and they definitely brighten my mood considerably.

So the morning sickness seems to be getting better. All the books say that at 11 weeks it will start to subside. Knock on wood. I did not throw up yesterday and so far so good today too. I ate a wonderful dinner at Moe's last night and there were no problems. I plan to eat out again this evening and might shoot for the moon with say Carrabba's or perhaps Shogun. I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Don't tell Tim, but I am starting to eye baby stuff. While at Target last night the rattles and receiving blankets and onesies were calling out to me. My friend Teresa and I are going back today to look for invitations and I have a feeling that at least one little baby thing will make it back home. (I promise Tim I won't spend too much money...oh well yeah, we don't really have any money right now, but the baby, honey!!!)

8 comments:

Paula said...

As soon as I told my mom, she ran right out and bought baby socks with pink lace. Uh, how do you know it's a girl, I asked. She just had a "feeling."

It is hard to resist buying stuff. Toward the end of my first pregnancy, I had this compulsion to bake coffee cakes and freeze them, just in case. In case of what? I do not know.

Paula said...

P.S. I'm glad you're feeling better!

jen said...

Sure enough....I now have onesies, receiving blankets, rattles, pacifiers, booties, and burp cloths. All of which are courtesy of Teresa. We got them all in neutral green or yellow. I am surprised that my mom has not gotten me anything yet.

Your mom was right, Paula you have girls?

Dawnia said...

Don't buy ANYTHING new (except perhaps the car seat). You can pick up EVERYTHING at thrift stores and yard sales cheap cheap cheap!!!!!!

Did I tell you Joey & Tracey are having a boy?

Anonymous said...

I understand the newness. It is your new baby. You did say you were doing the nursery in classic Pooh, right? I am so happy that the a.m. sickness is getting better. Call if you need anything while the tool man is away.

jen said...

The sickness seemed to be getting better, but now back to the same old same old. Throwing up often, not feeling like eating, etc.... Yes, we are doing classic pooh. Target has it on sale this week. I may have to get the set.

rachelpennington said...

Jen, will you please email me? I lost your address. :(

O' Tim said...

Hey now, friends! Just popping in to say hello from NM. Hang in there, Bunches (fight the wave!). Y'all are qarakking me up with the baby jones - hey when I get back from quenching this last pre-daddy travellin' jones o' mine, I know the baby bug will hit me (and especially after the gender call).

Luv yas all!

Tim